The health of all passengers, employees and partners is a top priority for Trapani Birgi Airport. Passengers are informed about the current arrangements and the Airport’s operation through our website and social channels.
The “V.Florio” Civil Airport of Trapani-Birgi follows the guidance issued by the Italian Ministry of Health and ENAC. Here are the measures put in place to combat and contain the spread of the Covid-19 virus:
- The use of the protective mask is mandatory for all persons, passengers and workers who enter the Terminal and move within the common spaces of the airport infrastructure;
- To All departing passengers, as well as those arriving, will be misured the body temperature with the thermoscanner: if the temperature of departing passengers is equal to or higher than 37.5 degrees, the journey cannot be continued and more investigations are carried out by informing the health care providers; if the temperature of incoming passengers is equal to or exceeds 37.5 degrees, local health care providers are also activated;
- All over the Terminal, hand sanitizer gel dispensers have been placed, with the invitation to use them frequently;
- The physical distance of at least one metre between people is provided during all operations carried out at the airport, including those concerning the collection of luggages when their flight arrives; This obligation is indicated by floor signage in the queuing areas and is remembered with special sound and visual messages present on the information monitors present throughout the airport;
- On the check-in desks and boarding gates, plexiglass separator panels have been installed to protect passengers and airport operators during the check of travel documents. However, it is recommended as much as possible to check in online and to use digital tools to manage and store your boarding pass;
- Security checks has been changed by adopting a new methodology, authorised and already positively implemented in recent months, which allows security officers to carry out any checks on the person by positioning themselves behind the passenger rather than in front, to limit the proximity of faces, with greater confidence;
- To ensure the necessary space, the use of part of the seats in the waiting areas is inhibited by placing special adhesives;
- The flows of departing passengers and those of incoming passengers are separated, with different routes;
- Boarding and disembarking operations are carried out on foot to allow faster airport operations and social distance;
- All areas of the Terminal are clean and disinfected several times a day with antisorbee a chlorine base. Periodic sanitation of luggage trolleys and storage trays used at security checkpoints are also carried out;
- Passenger Terminal aeration systems and all airport premises and offices have high-efficiency filters in the most densely populated areas, sanitized with specific products and ensure a constant air intake from the outside, with top-down directing flows;
- Dedicated staff to support monitoring activities and social spaceship;
- Protective devices: protective gloves and masks for Airport Manager employees who perform front-line services for passengers;
- Information campaigns spread throughout all airport areas.
To ensure compliance with the above health and safety procedures, boarding times may be longer than normal.